Sunday, February 8, 2015

Creating Comfort

Day one of creating...  Today it was about comfort food.

Real Chili...with Frito's, shredded cheese and sour cream.
2 lbs ground chuck
2 cans rotel
1 can tomato sauce
Your favorite chili mix (I like the kits that come with salt, cayenne, and masa)
Beer (replace the water in the mix directions with the beer)



Chicken and cream cheese mixture, bundled in crescent rolls...

dabbed with melted butter and rolled in parmesan cheese/seasoned breadcrumb mixture...

then baked for 20 min at 375*. 

 Daniel brought this recipe home from school. Thank you Mrs. Williams! 

So cooking, eating, sharing food with other people...it brings me peace. It makes me happy. I feel like I am doing something meaningful. I have a purpose. Everyone needs to eat, right? Do I worry it might not taste good to everyone? Do I get my feelings hurt if someone doesn't like it? No. I put it in a mental file of dishes not to make again.
So if you eat my cooking, be honest.  I like trying new dishes. I still have my trusted favorites, but sometimes I surprise myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment