Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Creating (noise) Music




I am horrible at the violin.  Liz has a concert next week, and the orchestra instructor has invited the students' parents to participate in a parent concert.  The goal is to get the students to teach their parents some of what they've learned this year in beginning orchestra.  I've always had a love for music.  After attempting the violin I have a new found respect for violinists.  Oh. My. Goodness. 


Fast forward to tonight... Thursday February 19th.
After practicing about thirty minutes last night, and then going to the group practice tonight at the middle school, I am amazingly better.  Thankfully I have rhythm, which already makes me sound better than those parents who don't know the difference between a quarter note and a half rest! I won't be embarrassing myself next week, and even better, I won't embarrass my daughter.  It's fun for her to teach me, and for her to be confident in what she knows and sharing that knowledge with me. 

 It was great to have an instrument in my hands again and enjoy making music.  It has an effect on me. I am more determined now to get my piano into my house and start playing again.  I want to fill my home with music.  There's a healing quality that comes along with it.  First though, while I am back in the practicing phase, I will just be creating a lot of noise.  That's a lot like my life right now.  There's a bit of chaos, a bit of roller coaster, a bit of frightmares. 


Eventually, with enough practice, in life and on instruments, I will make beautiful music.

No comments:

Post a Comment