Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Complimentary Coffee is the best



Are you comfortable enough with yourself to enjoy a compliment from someone, or does it make you doubt their sincerity and argue with them?  

I don't seem to be as concerned as I used to be with what others think of me now. However, I have found it easier and even enjoyable to receive compliments lately. I believe this directly corresponds with my own happiness. These days, I receive a compliment with a smile and usually one in return to the other person. I am happily living my life with my children, my job, my friends and my hobbies.  I am finding that the more energy I put into these areas, I'm am truly a happier person.  When I am a happier person, I draw in positive energy from those around me.  With that positive energy from others, I refill myself and can share the excess with others.  This usually comes out in the form of compliments, declarations of gratitude, heartfelt apologies, and deep musings about plans for the future. I feel like I am setting things straight and repairing any damaged relationships I've had in the past, and building stronger friendships for the present and future. 

When I am NOT comfortable with myself, or I spend too much time worrying about things beyond my control, I have problems receiving compliments, as well as no ability to give any either.  I used to have a negative comment about myself at the ready anytime i received praise. If someone liked my hair, I would complain about the length or color. If it was my clothing, I'd tell them it was old or I didn't like the way it fit my butt. I could become quite a miserable person actually.   You know it's bad when you don't want to spend time with yourself!

I've been feeling better and better about the direction my life is going, and while I still have an incredibly hard month ahead of me, financially and emotionally, I am at peace most of the time.  I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to have children who honor and respect me and love me, and friends who listen and don't judge.  Sometimes I even get to take on that role of nonjudgmental friend, and I LOVE IT.  I will be rich in experience in a variety of areas by the end of this journey through divorce, legal, physical, emotional and financial struggles.  I don't want to ask that question "What NEXT?", but seriously, it's hard to imagine many more things that I haven't had to deal with yet.  The death of a loved one.  That has not happened and I pray that it won't.  I have my limits, and it feels like I am quickly approaching them. I do not wish to temp fate and ask "What next".  

So, remember how nice it is to receive a compliment, and be that person that everyone looks forward to in the morning...the complimentary kind.  Tell someone today how wonderful they are. Hopefully they won't argue with you, and accept the compliment with grace and return one in favor. Now if my coffee would really be the complimentary kind...saving me money and starting every day telling me how great I look.  Double bonus!




No comments:

Post a Comment